LED Light Therapy is suitable for all skin types. It stimulates skin cell renewal, giving your skin a healthy and youthful glow. LED (Light Emitting Diode) boosts collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid production, reducing your fine lines and wrinkles while making your skin feel smoother, firmer, healthier and plumper.
Our medical-grade phototherapy LED device is suitable for everyone. It is painless and there is no downtime! Our amazing machine is proudly Australian made.
LED lights enhance the results and benefits of all skin treatments. Dr. Vicky Prokopiou and her experienced team highly recommend having LED Light Therapy as a standalone treatment or with any skin + care treatments. The various LED lights promote skin healing, reduce inflammation and calm your skin. Why not rest and relax for even longer while your skin soaks up the rejuvenating LED lights!
1×20 minute stand-alone price $80
1x 20 minute Add-on price with Signature Hydrafacial $55
Skin Conditions Treated By LED Lights
- Acne- reducing P.Acnes bacteria
- Aging skin- Reducing fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet
- Age spots: Reduces melanin production and age spots.
- Broken red capillaries
- Inflamed skin: Increases circulation
- Sensitive skin: Stimulates and regenerates collagen and elastin
- Skin Rejuvenation: Firms and tones
- Sun-damaged skin: Reduces photo-ageing and sun damage
- Aids in wound healing and scar prevention
- Reduces scars and uneven skin texture
- Gentle skin rejuvenation
- Reduces pore size
- Reduces inflammation, redness and erythema
Benefits Of LED Facials
- Antibacterial effects
- Attacks acne outbreaks
- Calms sebaceous glands
- Soothes and calms red/ inflamed skin
- Helps repair broken red capillaries
- Fades pigmentation
- Fades age spots
- Reduces erythema/ redness/ swelling after treatments and procedures
- Stimulates collagen and production
- Increases circulation and cell repair
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin rejuvenation
When used alone or together with a HydraFacial® hydrodermabrasion or any skin treatment such as dermal injections, peels or facial rejuvenation procedures, it greatly enhances the appearance and health of your skin.
The RED Light (640nm) promotes blood flow and healing. It stimulates collagen production & cell repair, reduces inflammation of your sebaceous glands and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It is amazing at improving healing, reducing redness and rejuvenating your skin.
The BLUE Light (470nm) targets and disrupts p. acnes bacteria that is present in acne. It is most useful in helping reduce active acne and blemishes. It also improves the appearance of oily and congested skin.
The GREEN Light (527nm) is used for rosacea, eczema, pigmentation, age spots, broken red capillaries, skin inflammation and to calm your skin.
How Long Are Treatments?
Treatments are usually up to 20 minutes and different LED light frequencies can be combined for a customised result just for your skin.
How Many Treatments Are Needed For Optimal Results?
Treatment courses are 6-12 treatments weekly or twice weekly. Your treatment schedule will be tailored to your skin + care needs.
Ongoing regular treatments are recommended every 4-6 weeks to maintain and prolong your skin & care results.
How Will The Lights Feel On Your Skin?
LED light therapy is comfortable, pain-free, and there is no heat felt as there is no thermal reaction.
You will wear protective goggles throughout your LED light therapy treatments.
Your treating therapist will apply an Aliki Skin + Care moisturiser and broad-spectrum SPF50+ sunscreen immediately after your procedure.
When Results Will Be Seen
Some results are seen immediately whilst the best results are seen with ongoing treatments as recommended for your skin.
Even after your first treatment, your skin will be glowing, smoother, hydrated and radiant. But the lights stimulate your skin to heal so results are more visible over time and with repeated treatments.
Who Cannot Have LED Light Therapy?
- During pregnancy
- If you have epilepsy
- If you have a photo-allergy
- If you are on oral blood thinners
- If you are taking medications that cause light sensitivity e.g.
- Antibiotics (tetracycline, doxycycline, minomycin, ciprofloxacin, sulfonamides);
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib, ketoprofen);
- Diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide, frusemide, bumetanide);
- Retinoids (isotretinoin, acitretin);
- Sulfonylureas (glipizide, glyburide);
- Others (chlorpromazine, fluphenazine, amiodarone, diltiazem, quinine, quinidine, hydroxychloroquine, enalapril, dapsone, voriconazole, imatinib, vandetanib, dabrafenib, vemurafenib)
- If you are currently having steroid injections, taking steroids e.g. prednisone, prednisolone or are using topical steroids such as cortisone in the treatment area.
- vascular lesions
- Moles and/or freckles whose nature is unknown.
- Skin Cancers
- Recent scalds
- Not to use over thyroid where thyroid medication is being taken.
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Retin A use- wait 5 days until last use.
The following list includes Photosensitive Medications.
Please note that this list does not include all photosensitive mediactions and that there may be more.
At Home Aftercare
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight. Wear protective clothing and a wide-brimmed hat when outdoors. Stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Cleanse your skin with one of our Aliki Skin + Care natural Australian made skin cleansers twice daily.
- Apply a moisturiser, hydrating serum and a broad-spectrum SPF50+ sunscreen daily, especially before going into the sunlight.
- Avoid the use of solariums and swimming in chlorinated water whilst undergoing treatments.