Dr. Vicky Prokopiou and the iDental Surgery team have relocated to 541 King Street, Newtown
Yes. 541 King Street, Newtown is the only home of iDental Surgery.
Yes. The new telephone number for iDental Surgery is (02) 9557 7775.
All day FREE parking is available in nearby Holmwood Street and Alice Lane, Newtown. Along with ample 2 hours FREE parking between 8am-10pm every day in surrounding streets. Alternatively, 1 hour FREE parking is available during most times of the day along King Street.
- M30: Spit Junction to Sydenham via City via Mosman, Neutral Bay, City, Chippendale, Newtown & Sydenham
- M10: Leichhardt to Maroubra Junction via Parramatta Road, University of Sydney, University of Technology, Broadway, City, Taylor Squar, Anzac Parade and UNSW
- 308: Marrickville Metro to City – Gresham Street via St. Peters, Alexandria and Redfern. Starts & ends at Redfern in morning and afternoon peak periods
- 348: Wolli Creek to Bondi Junction via Tempe, Sydenham, St. Peters, Alexandria, Rosebery, UNSW, Randwick and Waverley
- 352: Marrickville Metro to Bondi Junction via Newtown, University of Sydney, Chippendale, Surry Hills, Darlinghurst and Paddington
- 355: Marrickville Metro via Newtown and Surry Hills
- 412: Campsie to City via Dulwich Hill, Marrickville and Newtown
- 413: Campsie to City via Ashbury, Lewisham, Parramatta Road, University of Sydney and Railway Square
- 418: Bondi Junction to Burwood via Queens Park, Prince of Wales Hospital, Kingsford, Eastlakes, Mascot, Sydenham, Marrickville Metro, Dulwich Hill, Hurlstone Park, Ashfield and Croydon
The Inner West Council area is well services by Sydney Trains with stations on the Bankstown Line, Inner West Line and Illawarra Line. Bicycles are permitted on Sydney and Intercity train services for free.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Dulwich Hill, Marrickville, Sydenham, St. Peters. Services to the City or to Liverpool/Lidcombe via Bankstown
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Sydenham, Tempe. Services to Bondi Junction via the City, or to Mortdale/Waterfall/Cronulla
- T2 Inner West & South Line: Newtown, Stanmore, Petersham, Lewisham. All stations services to the City or to Homebush
- T2 Airport Line (weekday peak only): Sydenham. Express services to the City (morning peak) and to Cambpelltown (afternoon peak).
Sydney Trains also provices a late night bus service (Night Ride) during early morning hours when most trains do not run. The Night Ride network mirrors the rail network, but some routs and stopping patterns are different.
Authorised car share parking is available at nearby Holmwood Street, Newtown.
Your child should visit the dentist from as young as 1 to 2 years old. We make it fun and interactive. They may even be eligible for treatment under the Medicare Child Dental Benefits Scheme (CDBS).
For over 50 years, fluoride has proven to be safe and effective in protecting your teeth from tooth decay. In much of Australia, it is safe to drink tap water instead of bottled water and brush twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste. Be sure to use a children’s toothpaste for your kiddies aged 18 months to 6 years old.
Dental x-rays are safe and have one of the lowest levels of radiation when compared to all other x-rays or even a short domestic flight! Both children and adults can have x-rays taken of inside and outside their mouths. Dental x-rays give us a more thorough diagnosis and we love explaining them to you while viewing them on a large screen.
You may need a more regular dental hygiene visits if:
- Your teeth accumulate more plaque
- You find it difficult to clean your own teeth well at home
- You eat food or drink lots of coloured drinks like red wine, tea or fresh juices
- You are having orthodontic treatment
- You have gum disease (periodontal disease)
- You have dental crowns or implants
- You smoke
Invisalign® involves wearing clear aligners for almost 24 hours a day, except when you eat or drink coloured fluids. Braces can be more uncomfortable, cannot be removed and tend to pop off if you eat something hard. Using our 3D scanner to take digital moulds, Invisalign® treatment is fun as you will see your mouth and how your teeth will be transformed.
Dentures are removable appliances that are designed to replace missing teeth or keep gaps for future implants or fixed ceramic bridges. Denture success depends on your anatomy, how much bone you have to support the dentures and how strong your teeth are around the area that is missing teeth. Dentures can feel like new shoes and can take several weeks to get used to.
Do you snore or wake up tired? SomnoMed® is a brand of a device custom made for you to help with mild to moderate sleep apnoea. You’ll need your general practitioner to send you for a sleep study to determine the severity of your sleep apnoea before we can have your SomnoMed® appliance made. A 3D scan will be taken of your mouth and your custom device will made just for you.
Dental Monitoring® is a magnificent tool that we use to monitor your aligner progress during Invisalign® treatment. By taking weekly photos and videos using your smartphone in the comfort of your own home, it means less dental visits for you! It saves you time, and makes it easy to track the movement of your teeth. You can even chat with your dentist through the app.
Teeth whitening can be done professionally at iDental Surgery or at home. It is recommended to whiten your teeth in surgery and top up at home every 3-6 months using your whitening trays and gel. For best results, teeth whitening is done straight after your dental hygiene visit when your teeth are super clean.