Microneedling is a procedure that involves many surgical-grade stainless steel, sterile needles that microscopically pierce your skin at 90 degrees. The microneedling procedure firms, tones, tightens and rejuvenates your skin, making it more youthful. It can also treat some scars, large pores & wrinkles.
It is virtually painless, though we can use a topical numbing gel for added comfort. Your skin can feel warm and tender.
Microneedling is very similar to Mesotherapy but rather than individual skin punctures, a collection of small needles simultaneously create small punctures on your skin.
Reparative and nutrient-rich dermal products are massaged into your treated skin and are absorbed to replenish your skin.
What Skin Conditions Can Be Treated With Our Microneedling Derma Pro Dermal Pen?
- Acne scars, chicken pox scars & surgical scars older than 6 months
- Dull skin
- Enlarged Pores
- Hair Loss
- Hand, neck & décolletage rejuvenation
- Lines & Wrinkles
- Naso-labial lines
- Smoker’s lines
- Stretch Marks
- Sun-damaged skin
- Thin, crepey skin
How Your Skin Cells Repair With Microneedling
The small skin punctures and revitalising substances absorbed by your skin, stimulate your skin cells, causing increased production of collagen and elastin fibres and neutralising free radicals. The biological metabolism of the skin becomes like that of youthful skin as it renews itself. New collagen can fill depressed scars and wrinkles from the base up to the surface.
Results are usually seen in in 2-3 months as the skin begins to repair and renew with repeated treatments.
How Does Microneedling Differ From Dermal Rolling?
Microneedling is superior to dermal rolling as the microneedling pen makes smaller, more precise punctures into the skin. The roller needles pierce the skin at an angle, which causes a tear effect on the skin resulting in more bleeding and greater damage to your epidermis.
Do I Need To Prepare For Microneedling?
Your dermal therapist will recommend to prepare your skin with natural Australian Made exfoliating preparations such as:
- 8% Glycolic Scrub Cleanser
- 2% Galactic Cleanser
- Supernova Cleansing Gel (200mL)
- Meteor Harmonising Gel Mask
This is to be done for at least a week before Microneedling.
How Often Should I Have The Microneedling Procedure?
You will require repeated treatments, usually 3 to 6 treatments performed over a 5-12 week period depending on your skincare needs. Treatments are usually 1-3 weeks apart for normal treatments and 4-6 weeks for more intense treatments. Treatments are combined with other dermal therapy procedures such as Face Peels 2 weeks prior and LED Light Therapy on the day and as part of your treatment plan. Optimal results are achieved when combined with 6-12 sessions of LED Light Therapy.
It is vital to ensure that your dermal therapy treatment plan is followed so that you can achieve the best skin of your life. At your Skin + Care Consultation, Dr. Vicky and her team will analyse your skincare needs and recommend tailored dermal treatments and skincare products for you.
If you have had the following procedures, you must wait a minimum time before being able to have microneedling.
- Face Peels: 2+ weeks
- Facial fillers: 4+ weeks
- HydraFacial: 2+ weeks
- Laser/IPL: 3+ weeks
- LED Light Therapy: Is recommended immediately after microneedling for superior results
- Microdermabrasion: 3+ weeks
- Tattoo Removal in treatment area: 6+ months
Microneedling is not suitable if you:
- Active skin infections
- Active Acne
- Blood clotting problems
- Skin with many raised moles
- Skin with warts
- Keloid scars in the treatment area
- Diabetes (and we do not have doctor’s written permission)
- Are taking:
- Blood thinners
What Homecare Aliki Skin + Care Products May Be Recommended After Microneedling?
- Earthshine Mist (125mL) Toner
- Double Star Serum (30mL)
- Aurora Skin Créma (60mL)
- Blue Gum Probiotic Lotion (60mL)
- Cucumbra Eye Créma (30mL)
- Peptide Firming Créma (30mL)
- Dermal Peptide Venom Créma (30mL)
- Meteor Harmonising Gel Mask (60mL)
- Protostar Wrinkle Release Mask (One Mask)
What Should I Do After My Microneedling Procedure?
- Please avoid using any products with glycolic acid, retinol or acids as active ingredients.
- Avoid touching or rubbing your face as your skin will likely feel sensitive and to avoid adding germs to your skin.
- Avoid applying makeup for 24 hours. Only mineral makeup beyond this.
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours.