Anti-wrinkle injections have been traditionally used to correct and treat dental issues such as TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) pain, grinding, clenching & gummy smiles. As the years have progressed there has been a broader shift in achieving overall facial rejuvenation and balance in addition to dental smile enhancement and traditional aesthetic and functional dental treatments.
Who better to treat you with anti-wrinkle injections than your Dentist.
Dr Vicky knows your facial anatomy better than any other health and beauty professional.
Dr Vicky has experience in applying dermal anti-wrinkle injections and has an eye for detail. Dr Vicky strives to give you a natural look and feel.
Treatment areas of your face are precisely measured, graded and require great skill to determine facial proportions. Achieving optimal anti-wrinkle treatment results are dependent on your muscle strength and tone.
Photographs and/or videos are always taken at your treatment sessions to allow Dr. Vicky to better determine your unique needs to prescribe your specific treatment options. Complete results are seen within 10 -14 days.
What Is Botulinum Toxin?
Medical Grade Botulinum toxin is a purified protein. Most importantly, there are no bacteria, alive or dead in this product.
Anyone who is lactose intolerant (who only suffers from an upset tummy) can still use botulinum toxin. Lactose allergy is more directed to those people who are more seriously affected, i.e. Anaphylaxis.
This does not mean that you cannot get the procedure done. It means that you have to use a particular brand of botulinum toxin which does not have lactose included in the formulation.
The medical-grade products we choose to use are very safe, with minimal potential side effects/ complications and predictable clinical outcomes.
Is It Painful?
There can often be some anxiety associated with the concept of having injections. Fortunately you’ll be happily surprised and your anxiety will be quickly eased as you experience Dr Vicky’s gentle and effective techniques.
How Often Should It Be Administered?
Initially it is recommended that you have quarterly reviews where you will most likely need to have a touch up. Eventually the time gap between appointments will get bigger. So you may require treatment every 4-6 months and maybe even longer.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Treatment Areas (include but are not limited to)
- Glabellar/ Frown Lines
- Gummy Smile
- Mouth Frown Lines
- Eyes/ Crows Feet (both eyes)
- Forehead Crease Lines
- Jaw Jowels
- Neck Bands
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) Disorders
Note: It is very common that your muscle tone in your face is unbalanced. Therefore you may require additional units to balance out a treated area or areas 2 weeks after your first anti-wrinkle treatment. Additional costs will apply at that visit. Number of units administered by Dr Vicky is results driven and is based on achieving optimal outcomes for you.
Possible Adverse Effects
- Transient small raised skin bumps for about 30 minutes after the injections
- Transient Bruising at the injection sites lasting about a week
- A feeling of tightness that can last for a few days to weeks. (Forehead area)
- Transient chewing/eating difficulty temporarily (TMJ & injections that target the mouth muscles)
- Brow lift that can be unilateral or bilateral (forehead muscle injections)
- Transient short-lasting headache/ (forehead injections)
Dr Vicky’s Hot Tips
- Wear SPF 30+ sunscreen daily.
- Wear protective clothing, hats, sunglasses when out in the sun or stay in the shade.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure on your skin.
- Moisturise with a quality moisturiser that is free from synthetic products. And that contains Hyaluronic Acid.
- Have regular HydraFacial Treatments to keep your skin in prime condition.
- Avoid having very hot showers. Moisturise straight after a shower.
Botulinum Toxin Menu
The cost of your treatment depends on your needs. Everyone is unique and treatment requirements are also unique.
For More Information
Want to learn more? Call iDental Surgery today on (02) 9557 7775.